Friday 17 August 2012

A Love So Detrimental: My entry for the Get Published contest

So, Indiblogger, it seems is on a roll this year. They've come up with this interesting concept in collaboration with Harper Collins to provide opportunity to all the budding writers in India. Here is a link to - Get Published.

My idea for the short story about "Real Love in New India" is based on my tryst with the emotion of love during my college days. It's about the girl who turned my life upside down, head over heels and led me into believing in destiny, the conspiring universe and jazz like that.

What inspires me to write this story-

The sheer magnanimous nature of this feeling inspired me; and to overcome it, topple it and conquer it to bring my life back on track inspired me furthermore. They say "true love happens only once". I try to contradict that with a clause in my story. The clause is- true love happens only once in a lifetime if you idolize the person you love, if you give him or her a space in your heart that can never be replaced. Not every love meets its destiny, the most painful form of love is unrequited love and in such a case, you need to move over and look beyond true love. It is not an easy process and I went through it. It was painful, frustrating for me but now when I look back, it turns out to have its own quotient of humour. Yes, real love can be funny these days. If given an opportunity, I would like to share it with you all.

What it means to me...

This story means the world to me. It is the difference between a boy and a man. It's the story of how I transformed myself from a pillow wetting, lovesick idiot to someone who could walk to the sunset happily ever after with someone else. Trust me, no love was lost in the process. I still love the girl, just not more than I love my happiness anymore. The love which fumigated the whole room and made everyone sick has now been captured in a tiny bottle of perfume and tucked away in the deep, dark corners of my heart.

So, what say? Would you like to hear my story?

This is my entry for the HarperCollins–IndiBlogger Get Published contest, which is run with inputs fromYashodhara Lal and HarperCollins India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave without saying anything...!