Thursday 21 August 2008

Reading habit.

Sometimes we project ourselves as people who we want to be or who we want to be like. I am an example. I don't think I read or have read enough to claim myself as a well-read person. The first few lines or pages of a novel... knowing the names of 19th century English writers doesn't make me who I want to be.

Reading a book requires some amount of patience and a lot of dictionary work... which is not my cup of coffee. (I like coffee over tea.)

Reading a bad book requires none of the above but, c'mon... I have to develop a taste. I mean J K Rowling and Chetan Bhagat might be the current hot shot favourites but, they cannot help you if your expectations are comparing them with P G Wodehouse and Thomas Hardy.

I wish there was a shortcut for this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave without saying anything...!